To all Bradley Stoke United members, I wanted to provide an update on the club, including some recent committee changes and our plans for the club for both the short and long term.
Firstly, our current Chairman, Jon Jones has decided to step down. Jon has been Chairman for a number of years and has played a big role in stabilising the club from where it was 2 to 3 years ago. I would like to thank Jon for all of the hard work he has put in, but I am also pleased that he has agreed to continue to be part of the clubs committee.
Following Jon’s decision, I have been voted in as Chairman with immediate effect. I am extremely proud to be asked to take on this role and look forward to helping move this great club forward.
The committee set up has been reviewed and will now consist of the following roles and people:
Chairman – Chris Hancock
Treasurer – Sam Brandon will continue in this role
Club Secretary – Phil Townsend will continue in this role, dealing with the general
overview of the club from an admin and hygiene point of view, the main contact for the Gloucestershire FA and its associated Leagues
Social Media Manager – Jon Jones, a new role that will work with other BSUFC members to help raise the profile of the club in the local area through social medial local press and businesses
Football Development Manager – Scott Wooder, a new role, working with team managers and coaches to assist and help form training plans, share best practice and deliver the footballing ethos of the club, in line with FA Guidelines
Child Welfare Officer – Sarah Clarke will continue in this role
Fixture Secretary – dealing with result submissions, fixture re-arrangements, referee allocations and pitch bookings. This role is yet to be fulfilled
The committee will continue to support the excellent team of coaches we have across all of the Bradley Stoke United teams, with our focus being:
- Providing grass roots football to local boys and girls in the Bradley Stoke and surrounding areas
- Offering a fun, safe and structured football coaching environment through our fully FA Qualified coaches
- Working closer with local schools on both recruitment and the introduction of football at Key Stage 1 (Reception onward's)
- Our Coaching team working with the Gloucestershire FA Mentors to help further establish a club football ethos that aligns to the FAs ‘The Vision’. Having consistent, structured and age specific objectives and training plans across all teams
- Increase the level of interaction between the club, players, parents and coaches through increased social events
- Establish the club at Patchway Sports Centre, which will become the long term home for the club
- Form a close partnership with Patchway, allowing for more than just a venue for training and matches, to help raise the clubs profile and revenue
We are all a group of volunteers that have a huge passion for this club and helping our local kids play football, but unfortunately there is never enough time to complete the long list of things to do. We are always keen for new people to come on board and help behind the scenes. As you will see from the Committee list above, we are still in urgent need for a Fixture Secretary.
If you have any spare time and would like to help or are intrigued to find out a bit more on what goes on at the club please contact any of the above committee members or your respective team coaches.
In the coming days we will be confirming the date of this years summer tournament, which will trigger weeks of planning. Again, anyone who is available to help please let us know.
Finally, it would be great to get your feedback on what we are doing as a club. Are there social events or charity/funding events you would like to see us doing? Would you like to hear more from us…or less! Would you like to see more presence on our social media or local press? Any views or feedback is always welcome.
Up the United!
Updated 14:15 - 7 Feb 2019 by Chris Hancock
Bradley Stoke United Football Club